Members of the Bicknell family who join the Clarence Bicknell Association get a special membership offer, and it’s very modestly-priced…
The work of our association, especially our research, continues every year; we support this work and its dissemination because Clarence’s legacy is worth both preserving and promoting to new generations of botanists, archaeologists, artists and writers. We consider our web site to be a valuable asset, especially the Documents page (www.clarencebicknell.com/downloads), which is a resource of online information for the research community and the public. The Documents page has been accessed 37,000 times since 2013… that’s 14 views or downloads per day. We therefore intend to work actively to maintain the site and add to Clarence-related information there. Our website is our biggest cost which is why we welcome memberships and donations; all the details of our accounts are published every year on the web site, the most recent at https://clarencebicknell.com/wp-content/uploads/accounts_2022.pdf
Right now we are on a high. Clarence features both in Paul Russell’s TV documentary on An English Fairytale – The English in Liguria and in Francesca Boschieri’s book Inglesi in Liguria: tra castelli, ville e giardini. We are also working hard on setting up a major exhibition of Clarence’s polymath skills at the Guildhall Art Gallery in London in 2024, transferring to Genoa afterwards … info at https://clarencebicknell.com/clarence-bicknell-exhibition-in-the-guildhall-london-and-genova-in-2024/.
Here are the new advantages of being a member if you are in the Bicknell family…
1. Special offer prices on MARVELS – The Life of Clarence Bicknell, Botanist, Archaeologist, Artist by Valerie Lester (our web price £10) your price to £8, and the Casa Fontanalba Visitors’ Book (£15, was £33.50) your price £12.
2. Orders for the Casa Fontanalba Visitors’ Book trigger a free gift of a blank visitors’ book in the same size and with the same binding as the printed version.
3. Order for any product triggers a free gift of a set of 10 colour post cards of the film The Marvels of Clarence Bicknell (our web price £2.50).
4. Members making a donation and a long-term automatic annual payment may visit Marcus Bicknell at home to see original items by Clarence.
5. Copies of any book can be dedicated and signed by Marcus at the new member’s request.
6. Newsletter by email, keeping members up-to-date with Clarence Bicknell events, new research, academic papers etc.
7. Get alerts to new blogs on Clarence.
8. Invitation to events in Bordighera and elsewhere.
9. Assistance in finding tour guides and itineraries in Bordighera
10. Data from the Clarence Bicknell Family and the family usually unavailable to outsiders.
11. Information on visits to other Clarence Bicknell art, botany and archaeology collections, such as Genoa University, the Museo Bicknell in Bordighera, its owner the Istituto Internazionale di Studi Liguri in Italy and the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge, England.
Since July 2022 members are able to buy the Book of Guests in Esperanto by Clarence Bicknell at a discounted price… 40% off Amazon’s price of £17.71. If you live in the UK I would be able to send you copies at £10.62 plus £3.25 post and packing. If you live outside the UK then their price of $25.24 or €21.51 might be cheaper than if I sent it to you, especially if you are a subscriber to Amazon Prime. Do ask me for a quote for the international shipping. Payment can be by bank transfer, PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or cheque in pounds £ on a UK bank. Read more… https://clarencebicknell.com/clarence-bicknells-book-of-guests-in-esperanto-published-july-2022/
You can see more of our news at https://clarencebicknell.com/news-views/.
If you are not yet a member of our Association but would like to support us then please join at https://www.clarencebicknell.com/en/association/membership (également en français, anche in italiano). The annual membership is only £20 (€25 euros, $30 U.S.) payable by £ cheque, bank transfer (any currency) or PayPal (any currency). Payment is at https://clarencebicknell.com/payment/
Thank in advance for your support.
Marcus Bicknell, Chairman
Clarence Bicknell Association
Homefarm Orchard, Kirby Close, Chalfont St Giles, Bucks HP8 4FF, UK
“Welcome to every guest,
Come he north, south, east or west.”
Clarence Bicknell – 1914